Leader Cantor has been leading the way and taking the steps needed to get our country’s fiscal house back in order and today’s introduction of the Plan for Americas Job Creators is a great step forward in that process.
Empowering Families, Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:
· Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
· Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic growth.
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:
· Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals including small business owners to no more than 25%.
· Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.
Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers:
· Pass the three pending free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea to create up to 250,000 jobs.
· Continue to open new markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:
· Modernize our patent system to protect our nation’s innovators, discourage frivolous lawsuits, and expedite patent reviews.
· Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline development of new products.
· Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century:
· Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production.
· Encourage all forms of energy production.
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means:
· Build upon the House Republicans’ Budget by enacting significant spending cuts.
I received the following email from Eric Cantor today:
This morning, Congressman Eric Cantor joined his House Republican colleagues in releasing “The Plan for America’s Job Creators.” This plan has been designed to eliminate government obstacles to job creation, innovation and entrepreneurship. By attacking this problem head on, Eric and his colleagues are seeking to spur economic growth for families, small businesses and entrepreneurs. Among the plan’s highlights:
- Reduce regulatory burdens and empower small business owners to innovate and create jobs.
- Fix the tax code to make it fairer, flatter and simpler with lower tax rates – for all taxpayers.
- Foster a more competitive environment for American manufacturers by opening new markets overseas and creating jobs here in America.
- Reward innovation and entrepreneurship in the marketplace by protecting patents, new products and technological development.
- Increase domestic energy production to secure our energy future.
- Cut spending, reduce our debt and return to fiscal responsibility by living within our financial means.
These efforts in concert will help return the United States to economic prosperity and create the jobs that are so necessary for our economic recovery. Please stay tuned for more details about the Plan for America’s Job Creators.0 Recommend This