“Contrary to popular belief, America has more energy than any nation on earth. All that’s keeping us from becoming energy independent is a lack of political will to do so.” – Newt Gingrich
Today’s high gas and energy prices are entirely a function of bad government policies. Newt has an American Energy Plan that would maximize energy production from all sources–oil, natural gas, wind, biofuels, nuclear, clean coal, and more–and would encourage clean energy innovation without discouraging overall energy production.
Newt’s American Energy Plan:
[list type="tick"] [li]
- Remove bureaucratic and legal obstacles to responsible oil and natural gas development in the United States, offshore and on land.
- End the ban on oil shale development in the American West, where we have three times the amount of oil as Saudi Arabia.
- Give coastal states federal royalty revenue sharing to give them an incentive to allow offshore development.
- Reduce frivolous lawsuits that hold up energy production by enacting loser pays laws to force the losers in an environmental lawsuit to pay all legal costs for the other side.
- Finance cleaner energy research and projects with new oil and gas royalties.
- Replace the Environmental Protection Agency, which has become a job-killing regulatory engine of higher energy prices, with an Environmental Solutions Agency that would use incentives and work cooperatively with local government and industry to achieve better environmental outcomes while considering the impact of federal environmental policies on job creation and the cost of energy.
[/li] [/list]0 Recommend This