(Washington, D.C.) – Today U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV) released the following statement regarding the nomination of Miranda Du to be U.S. District Judge for the District of Nevada.
“Like many states, Nevada is facing a judicial crisis, and we need judges who will uphold the laws of the land in their courtroom. Miranda Du is one of these judges. I believe she will make an outstanding District Court judge in the great State of Nevada and I am pleased the Senate has confirmed her. Miranda has maintained a dedication to the preservation of justice and integrity throughout her career. She is highly respected and I have no doubt that she will serve the Silver State proudly. I want to congratulate Miranda on her confirmation and wish her all the best,” said Senator Dean Heller.
“Know the facts. Spread the word.”
This Community Awareness Alert informs local media, community leaders and law enforcement about the known extremist beliefs and actions of leaders of the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA). ICNA has announced a “$3 million dollar” campaign promoting Shariah law in America, featuring billboards in at least 15 U.S. cities, “Shariah seminars” on 20 college campuses, and town hall-style forums and interfaith events in 25 cities. For more information, go to www.shariahthethreat.org/icna.
When you know the facts, you can help educate and prepare your community. Don’t get scammed by ICNA.
The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) was founded in 1971 by leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami, an anti-American, fundamentalist, Taliban-supporting organization also known as the Pakistani branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Jamaat’s primary goal is the establishment of Islamic states worldwide, governed by the tyrannical, oppressive system of Shariah law. 
- ICNA reveres Ayatollah Khomeini: After 9/11, ICNA’s PR campaign for the “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years” featured Ayatollah Khomeini, leader of the anti-American, violent Shi’ite revolution and totalitarian regime in Iran. The campaign stayed up at the website for years before ICNA scrubbed it, prior to mounting the current PR campaign promoting Shariah law in America.
- ICNA reveres Qutb and Mawdudi, the inspiration for al Qaeda: ICNA’s “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years” PR campaign also included the two great ideological leaders of modern jihadist terrorism: Sayyid Abul Ala Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, both primary influences on al Qaeda. 
- ICNA’s role models advocate jihad to achieve political goals: ICNA’s identified “Great Movements of the Last 100 Years” included Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood), and Pakistani Islamist groups Jama’at-e-Islami and Tablighi Jama’at.
- ICNA’s Past President was also a leader of Hamas-funder KindHearts as recently as 2005: ICNA’s Past President Zulfiqar Ali Shah was also President of the KindHearts “Charity” South Asia Division in 2005, whose assets were frozen in 2006 by the U.S. Treasury for funneling funds to Hamas. KindHearts is still legally contesting the U.S. Treasury’s previous designation as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist organization.  Hamas is a designated terrorist organization responsible for thousands of murders.
- ICNA’s Past Secretary General is under investigation for civilian executions: ICNA’s past Secretary General and Vice President Ashrafuz Zaman Khan, also a past President of the ICNA NY Chapter, is reportedly about to be indicted for war crimes by the Bangladesh International Crimes Tribunal for the systematic execution of civilians during the civil war. Bangladeshi groups claim Khan was a chief executioner for the al-Badr force, personally killing seven Dhaka University teachers in the city of Mirpur.
- ICNA has supported convicted cop-killer H. Rap Brown: A December 2001 ICNA South East region convention had a special program honoring convicted murderer Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (aka H. Rap Brown) who is serving a life sentence for killing a sheriff’s deputy.
- ICNA featured Muslim Brotherhood extremist leader Sheik Al-Qaradawi (banned from entry into the U.S. since 1999) stating that democracy is permitted only when it complies with Shariah law: Writing in the ICNA magazine “The Message,” Qaradawi states “What we seek is that legislations and codes be within the limits of the flawless texts and the overall objectives of the Shari’ah and the Islamic Message.”
- ICNA promotes hatred of Jews and Christians: The curricula for ICNA’s women’s organization promotes jihad, shariah rule, hatred of Jews and Christians, and warns of the “dangers of secular Western thoughts and ideas.”
- ICNA, ICNA Relief and ICNA Helping Hand funded the Al-Khidmat Welfare Society and Al-Khidmat Foundation, which then gave Hamas – a designated terrorist organization - $99,000 in 2006.
You’ve seen the facts. Be prepared. Don’t get scammed by ICNA.
 http://web.archive.org/web/20021004011654/http:/www.messageonline.org/greatleaders/cover.htm [PDF BACKUP]
 http://web.archive.org/web/20021004011654/http:/www.messageonline.org/greatleaders/cover.htm [PDF BACKUP]
 http://web.archive.org/web/20000817194402/http:/www.icna.org/tm/ [PDF BACKUP]
 http://web.archive.org/web/20020206042720/http:/icna.org/living_islam_in_america__ICNASE_Conv.htm [PDF BACKUP]
 http://web.archive.org/web/20021003094724/http:/www.messageonline.org/2002aprilmay/cover1.htm [PDF BACKUP]
As a trusted conservative, Steve’s focus in Congress will be to stop the liberal agenda, restore constitutional principles, and get America working again!
- BOLD SOLUTION: Restore Authority over Firearms Policy to the States
Economy[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Cut Spending Immediately and Significantly
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Replace Our Antiquated Tax Code
- BOLD SOLUTION D: Roll Back Burdensome Regulations
- BOLD SOLUTION E: Advance Enemy Independence
- BOLD SOLUTION F: Audit the Federal Reserve
Education[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: De-Fund the U.S. Department of Education
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Restore Educational Decision-Making to the States
Energy[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Get Government out of the Way
- BOLD SOLUTION B: End Energy Subsidies and Let the Free Market Work
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Restore Federal Lands to the States
Health Care Reform[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Repeal Obamacare
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Roll Back Other Regulatory Health Care Mandates
Immigration[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Fully Secure Our Nation’s Borders
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Enforce Existing Federal Immigration Laws
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Eliminate Incentives for Illegal Aliens
- BOLD SOLUTION D: Reform the Legal Immigration Process
Jobs[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Strip away Overregulation of Business and Industry
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Reform the Federal Tax Code and Corporate Tax Rates
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Debt Reduction
- BOLD SOLUTION D: Revamp Energy Policy
- BOLD SOLUTION E: Reform Patent Law and the FDA Approval Process
National Security[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Build a Tech-Savvy Fence and Properly Man Our Border
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Honestly Assess Foreign Relationships and Act Accordingly
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Safeguard American Sovereignty
- BOLD SOLUTION D: Move America Toward Greater Energy Independence
- BOLD SOLUTION E: Reassert Constitutional Principles and Procedure over Deployment of Our Military
- BOLD SOLUTION F: Roll Back Federal Measures that Threaten American Citizens
Social Security and Entitlement Reform[list type="arrow"] [li]
- BOLD SOLUTION A: Adopt the Paul-Lee-Graham Social Security Reform Plan
- BOLD SOLUTION B: Abolish Medicaid
- BOLD SOLUTION C: Replace or Abolish Medicare
- BOLD SOLUTION: Embrace the 9-9-9 Plan
“I would be greatly honored to have your support in this vital endeavor and humbly pledge to serve the 47th District as a true citizen legislator in the House of Representatives in Washington, D.C.” — Steve Foley
Originally posted at Center for Security Policy By Frank Gaffney, Jr.
One of the most important challenges we face as a free people is understanding the true nature of – and threat posed by – a totalitarian, supremacist Islamic doctrine its adherents call shariah. So, it would seem to be good news that a $3 million public education campaign is being launched nationwide to “clarify” what shariah is.
The question is: Will this campaign be truthful and helpful, or will it amount to an exercise in what is not only permissible under shariah, but obligatory: lying for the faith, or taqiyya in Arabic?
Unfortunately, since the sponsor of this initiative is one of the most virulent Muslim Brotherhood fronts in the United States, the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), the shariah tour will assuredly be all taqiyya, all the time. As we are seeing in Egypt at the moment, the Brotherhood is fully prepared to lie about its repressive agenda until it is too late for its opponents to resist.
As the old saying goes: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”
For the purpose of calibrating whether the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to fool us yet again – this time, here in the United States – consider a sample of the research compiled by the Center for Security Policy about the Islamic Circle of North America, its heroes, leadership and agenda:
[list type="arrow"] [li]
- ICNA was founded in 1971 by leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami, an anti-American, fundamentalist, Taliban-supporting organization also known as the Pakistani branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. Jamaat’s primary goal is the establishment of Islamic states worldwide, governed by the tyrannical, oppressive system of Shariah law.
- ICNA reveres the rabid American-hating Iranian cleric-turned-despot, Ayatollah Khomeini. After 9/11, ICNA ran an earlier PR campaign extolling the “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years.” It featured Khomeini, leader of the violent Shiite revolution and totalitarian regime in Iran. ICNA’s paean to this enemy of the United States remained on its website for years until it was removed prior to the launch of the organization’s current PR effort aimed at promoting shariah in this country.
- ICNA also considers Sayyid Qutb and Sayyid Mawdudi – the Islamist ideologues who inspired a host of salafist organizations, including the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda – to be among the “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years.”
- ICNA has featured the Muslim Brotherhood’s current chief ideologue, Sheik Yussuf Al-Qaradawi. Among Qaradawi’s many unsavory stances is his view that democracy is permitted only when it complies with shariah. Writing in the ICNA magazine, The Message, Qaradawi states: “What we seek is that legislations and codes be within the limits of the flawless texts and the overall objectives of the shariah and the Islamic Message.”
- ICNA also identified the “Great Movements of the Last 100 Years.” Not surprisingly given its association with the Muslim Brotherhood, this rosterprominently featured Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimeen (the Brotherhood’s name in Arabic) and two other Brotherhood-inspired Pakistani jihadist groups, Jama’at-e-Islami and Tablighi Jama’at.
- A former ICNA president, Zulfiqar Ali Shah, was also president in 2005 of the South Asia Division of KindHearts, an Islamist so-called “charity” whose assets were frozen by the U.S. Treasury in the following year for its funneling of funds to Hamas. KindHearts is still contesting its listing by the U.S. Treasury as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist organization. Hamas, of course, is also officially identified as such a terrorist organization, one responsible for thousands of murders – including of American citizens.
- Also in 2006, ICNA and two spin-offs, ICNA Relief and ICNA Helping Hand, funded the Al-Khidmat Welfare Society and Al-Khidmat Foundation, which then gave Hamasnearly $100,000.
- ICNA’s past Secretary General and Vice President Ashrafuz Zaman Khan, who was also a past president of the organization’s New York chapter, is reportedly about to be indicted for war crimes by the Bangladesh International Crimes Tribunal for the systematic execution of civilians during the civil war there. Bangladeshi groups claim Khan was a chief executioner for the al-Badr force, personally killing seven Dhaka University teachers in the city of Mirpur.
- A December 2001 ICNA South East Region convention had a special program honoring convicted murderer Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (a.k.a. H. Rap Brown), who is currently serving a life-sentence for killing a sheriff’s deputy.
- The curriculum for ICNA’s women’s organization promotes jihad, shariah rule, hatred of Jews and Christians, and warns of the “dangers of secular Western thoughts and ideas.”
In short, the Islamic Circle of North America is pretty much as unreliable a source as one can imagine for factual information about the unconstitutional – indeed, anti-constitutional – character of shariah, the real objectives of its adherents elsewhere and here, and the implications for a free society like ours of submitting to this brutally women-hating, intolerant and repressive doctrine. It would be nice to know who is putting up the $3 million for such an outfit to propagandize and mislead the American people.
We cannot afford to be fooled by Islamists any further, particularly about their ambitions for, to coin a phrase, fundamentally transforming the United States of America. We need the truth about shariah, not taqiyya.
(Frank J. Gaffney, Jr. is President of the Center for Security Policy (www.SecureFreedom.org), a columnist for the Washington Times and host of the nationally syndicated program, Secure Freedom Radio, heard in Washington weeknights at 9:00 p.m. on WRC 1260 AM.)
There aren’t many American-owned companies more iconic than Anheuser-Busch, the famous producer of Budweiser beer based in St. Louis, Missouri. That was true up until 2008, when the Brazilian-Belgian company InBev executed a hostile takeover of the historic brewer, leading to layoffs of more than 1,800 workers. Unfortunately, conditions in the United States are growing ripe for even more takeovers like these to occur, especially now that the nation’s corporate tax rate is officially the highest in the world.
As of yesterday, the U.S. corporate tax rate of 39.2 percent claimed the world’s top spot, edging out Japan which recently lowered its rate from 39.5 percent to 36.8 percent. (The U.S. rate includes the 35 percent federal rate plus the average rate the states add on.) That’s well above the 25 percent average of other developed nations. Heritage’s Curtis Dubay explains the impact on companies based in the United States:
This gaping disparity means every other country that we compete with for new investment is better situated to land that new investment and the jobs that come with it, because the after-tax return from that investment promises to be higher in those lower-taxed nations.
Our high rate also makes our businesses prime targets for takeovers by businesses headquartered in foreign countries, because their worldwide profits are no longer subject to the highest-in-the-world U.S. corporate tax rate. Until Congress cuts the rate, more and more iconic U.S. businesses such as Anheuser-Busch will be bought by their foreign competitors.
Unfortunately, in the face of this tax rate, the Obama Administration is proposing measures that will make matters even worse for U.S. companies. Last week, Vice President Joe Biden proposed a “global minimum tax” in a wrongheaded effort to encourage companies to invest in the United States instead of overseas. Just like the rest of President Obama’s corporate tax policy, it will just make matters worse — punishing firms that seek new opportunities in growing markets by taxing their earnings in those developing markets even more heavily than they’re already taxed. The net result will be to make it even more likely that the companies’ assets would go up for sale to overseas firms in order to escape the Obama tax penalty. Unfortunately, America’s workers pay the price for this destructive tax policy. Heritage’s J.D. Foster explains why:
Economists and policymakers increasingly understand that while the tax is paid almost exclusively out of profits that would otherwise go to the shareholders, the true economic burden falls primarily on workers.
The reason is simply that the higher the effective corporate tax burden, the higher the hurdle rate on corporate investment. (The hurdle rate is the minimum rate a business must earn on investment to make the investment.) The higher the hurdle rate, the less investment takes place. The less investment takes place, the slower labor productivity grows, and the slower labor productivity grows, the slower wages grow.
Congress should act now to help make America more competitive on the global stage, and it can do so by reducing the corporate tax rate to match or preferably fall below the international average. The U.S. economy is struggling to recover from the global recession, and by lifting the burden of record-high corporate tax rates, Congress can give American companies incentive to grow and expand here at home. If not, the American people can expect to see more companies like Anheuser-Busch bought up by international competitors — and the jobs will go right along with them.
Nevada round-up, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Senator Heller welcomed the news that the unemployment rate has fallen, but reiterated that job creators still need certainty. “Any sign of economic recovery in Nevada is welcome news. Unfortunately, too many families across our state continue to feel the negative impacts of the current economy. Congress needs an economic policy that reforms the tax code, removes burdensome regulations, and focuses on a long-term energy strategy that will bring down gas prices. Job creators across the Silver State need certainty to hire and invest in their businesses. However, they are not getting the stability they need from Congress or this administration.”
- Meanwhile, the Review-Journal reports that Senator Heller supports renewing a tax-break that would help troubled homeowners in the Silver State. A tax break that has been prized by troubled homeowners expires at the end of 2012. … The 2007 “Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act” does what it says. It waives taxes on mortgage debt that is erased when a homeowner gets a loan modification, completes a short sale or goes through foreclosure on an underwater property. … Republican Sen. Dean Heller introduced a three-year extension bill last Thursday, along with Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
- Finally, embattled liberal U.S. Congresswoman Shelley Berkley who recently wanted to keep outside money out of Nevada, is targeting liberal groups in New York, Chicago and San Francisco to fund her flailing campaign. As the Las Vegas Business News reports: I guess Harry Reid and Shelley Berkley can’t raise enough money at home – so they’re on a tour throughout the US to plead for funds! Liberal groups in New York, Boston, Chicago and San Francisco are being targeted, and being told that they going to need at least $20 million dollars to defeat Dean Heller!
They were unlikely leaders. As the Bible tells it, most knew more about mending nets than winning converts when Jesus said he would make them “fishers of men.” Yet 2,000 years later, all over the world, the Apostles are still drawing people in.
Gracing the wall of the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent in Milan since 1498, Leonardo da Vinci’s mural of the Last Supper invites viewers to contemplate how the Twelve Apostles felt in the moment after Christ predicted that one of them would prove a traitor.
Purchase this print »
Franciscan priest Fergus Clarke gazes at the Tomb of Christ in Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The tomb’s emptiness echoes the Apostles’ message: Jesus rose from the dead.
Purchase this print »
The Western Wall is all that remains of Jerusalem’s Second Temple, destroyed by the Romans in A.D. 70. Jews consider the site sacred, as do many Christians. Pilgrims often leave handwritten prayers stuffed into the chinks.
Purchase this print »
Understand that the Dark Side is greatly motivated by social and political interests that are difficult to predict and not necessarily useful in forming strategic or tactical defense plans. This understanding will help organizations craft strategic decisions about layered protections in all verticals exposed to the Internet.
We live in times when technology is exceeding the understanding of educational institutions and corporations. A highly social Web and a bad economy is making the Dark Side — the Internet underworld where cybercrime and hacking run rampant — overwhelming.
Hacktivism is the new, hip thing; it has become a hobby for people with higher-than-average computer knowledge. The movement is led by an elite few who have a deep, lifelong knowledge of computers, and it includes senior Fortune 100 corporate executives and highly placed governmental employees, as well as the ranks of the unemployed.
The elite world of hacktivism is at the center of the Internet’s Dark Side. While governmental agencies are looking for the individuals responsible for various acts of hacktivism, they struggle with using their tried-and-true methods to move up the food chain to identify hacktivist leaders. What is not well understood is that these layers cannot be penetrated by the standard law enforcement methods that were once effective in collapsing organized crime groups.
Hacktivism exists because the Internet is an open society that has no boundaries in which normal legal process can be applied without taking significant and draconian action, like direct control of the systems that keep the Internet alive. The traditional legal requirements for evidence are hampered by the very void in which the elites live.
The Next Revolution
In the past, various law enforcement tools were enough to provide direct evidence of illicit activity. In today’s environment, the legal framework is not capable of supporting more than “reasonable suspicion” (also known as the “Terry Stop”), the precursor to “probable cause,” which gave rise to “beyond a reasonable doubt” — the requirement to convict an individual charged with a crime in the U.S. More
Brian Krebs reported yesterday in his Krebs on Security blog that there has been a security breach at Global Payments that “may involve more than 10 million compromised card numbers.” In terms of allaying consumer concerns about mobile and internet commerce, this is not the kind of headline the industry needs.
According to CNN/Money, “Global Payments (GPN) processed $167.3 billion worth of transactions in its last fiscal year, which ended May 31, 2011. Global Payments specializing in serving small merchants, like mom-and-pop businesses and local retailers.” Global Payments say that it discovered the breach in early March, but, according to Krebs, “VISA and MasterCard began warning banks about specific cards that may have been compromised. The card associations stated that the breached credit card processor was compromised between Jan. 21, 2012 and Feb. 25, 2012. The alerts also said that full Track 1 and Track 2 data was taken – meaning that the information could be used to counterfeit new cards.”
Visa and MC have not directly confirmed that GPN was the source of the breach, but that fact was confirmed by The Wall Street Journal later in the day. As the story progressed, estimates of the damage went from hundreds of thousands to the present 10 million+. It was a great piece of tag team journalism that brought all of the pieces together so quickly once the initial announcement was made. More
Mozilla’s three months into an ambitious plan to bolt a long list of features into its browser. Competitors left it no choice.
After years of tough competition from dominance-seeking Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, Mozilla faces a second year in a row of forced adaptations. Its aggressive Firefox 2012 development plan calls for surgeries both minor and radical to integrate many new pieces into the browser, but it may not survive post-op. At least, not as you know it.
So far, the changes have resulted in a Firefox which, simply put, runs better. Two of the most tangible new tools have changed add-on behavior. The addition of add-ons to Firefox Sync let you mirror the same add-ons at work and at home, and you won’t have to reinstall them manually if your computer crashes.
A second add-on change marks around 80 percent of add-ons as compatible by default with each new version of Firefox. This prevents the browser from worrying about the “maximum version compatibility” issue that was relevant back in Firefox 3, when updates were annual, but is much less of a problem when updates come every six weeks.
Other early 2012 victories for Firefox include Chrome migration; a new design for HTML5 media controls; better developer and Web platform tools; and a Firefox “hotfix” system for pushing out minor updates that don’t require a browser restart. Granted, these are the equivalent of medicating a patient to lower a fever while the virus still infects the body, but they’re good starts. They’re just more about keeping up with the competition than they are about forging ahead.
(Credit: Stephen Shankland/CNET)
The second quarter of 2012 doesn’t look particularly life-saving, either. Some of the highlights of what Mozilla wants to achieve before the end of June include an improved Home Tab and New Tab experience; in-location bar search that ensures user privacy; automatic browsing session restore with tabs-on-demand; a panel-based download manager; and silent updates. These are achievements that Firefox is not boldly leading on. Some of them, such as the Home Tab and New Tab, and silent updates, are already in the Firefox Aurora development build, which means that they’re well on their way to reaching most people. More