If you’ve been following the news for the last week or so, you know that rock-and-roll legend Ted Nugent got himself in a little hot water with the Secret Service (as opposed to the hot water some agents landed in with some nice ladies of the evening in Cartegena, Columbia recently!).
The brouhaha was over comments the “shock rocker” made at the recent National Rifle Association (NRA) convention in St. Louis. Here’s what Nugent said that reportedly caught the Secret Service’s attention:
“If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. … We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. … Or president, attorney general, our vice president, Hillary Clinton – they’re criminals, they’re criminals.”
No shrinking violet is he.
Now, clearly Nugent was doing nothing more than exercising his right to metaphorical free speech, but the Secret Service interviewed him about his comments last weekend anyway. Here’s what Nugent said afterwards:
“I met with two fine, professional Secret Service agents today. Good solid professional meeting concluding that I have never made any threats of violence towards anyone. The meeting could not have gone better. I thanked them for their service, we shook hands and went about our business.”
Nevertheless, the United States Army subsequently cancelled a Nugent concert that was scheduled for late June. “After learning of opening act Ted Nugent’s recent public comments about the president of the United States, Fort Knox leadership decided to cancel his performance on the installation,” said a statement on the post’s Facebook page.
The Empire strikes back! Which brings us to the rifle raffle.
Well before the Nugent/Obama flare-up, Bob Irwin of The Gun Store in Las Vegas generously donated an Axis Stainless XP hunting rifle to Citizen Outreach to be raffled off at the 2012 Conservative Leadership Conference in Las Vegas June 8-10. But here’s the better news…
The gun stock has been personally autographed by Ted Nugent!
And that makes this particular rifle darned near priceless…especially in light of last week’s run-in with Obama’s Secret Service detail.
The raffle tickets are only $10 each…but everyone who attends the conference this year will automatically receive one rifle raffle ticket FREE. So register NOW. The super Early Bird discounts expire in one week! Click HERE
Rock on, Ted
P.S. Nugent is also a “Special Deputy” for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio…who will again be a featured speaker at the 2012 Conservative Leadership Conference. Here’s a picture of Sheriff Joe swearing in the “Motor City Madman.”
You do NOT want to miss this year’s CLC! Register TODAY
CONFIRMED CLC 2012 SPEAKERS
(subject to change without notice)[list type="arrow"] [li]
- Herman Cain, Cain Solutions
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, “America’s Toughest Sheriff”
- Grover Norquist, Americans for Tax Reform
- Bryan Anderson, author, ‘No Turning Back”
- Angela Alegna, author, “Coming Home, Moving Forward”
- Jack Abramoff, author, “Capitol Punishment”
- Margaret Hoover, FOX News contributor
- Roger Hedgecock, nationally syndicated talk-show host
- Hon. Jim Gilmore, Free Congress Foundation
- David Keene, National Rifle Association
- Richard Viguerie, Conservative HQ
- Chris Barron, GOProud
- Tim Phillips, Americans for Prosperity
- Jenny Beth Martin, Tea Party Patriots
- Donna Weisner Keene, TeaParty.net
- Niger Innis, Congress for Racial Equality
- Paul Jacob, Citizens in Charge
- Wayne Allyn Root, FoxNews.com columnist
- Marita Noon, Citizen’s Alliance for Responsible Energy
What They Said About Last Year’s Conference…
- “[list type="arrow"] [li]
- It was like mainlining politics directly to your brain.” – Christine DeCorte
- “CLC is the most enthusiastic gathering of libertarian-conservatives in all of Nevada.” – KDWN talk-show host Alan Stock
- CLC was informative, engaging and encouraging. It certainly energized me! I can’t wait ’til next year’s event!” – Kelli Ross
- “I have attended similar events that can be very boring. This was not one of them!” – Robin Reedy
- “The speaker line-up was excellent. If you want to learn about conservative politics, this is the place to be!” – Nancy Schaper
- “The best one-day conference I have ever attended. All the speakers were excellent.” – Mike Smith
- “If you are interested in conservative issues, CLC is the place to be.” – Suzette LaGrange
- “CLC had some dynamic speakers and was a great opportunity to meet people.” – Keith Resnick
- “Be there! It’s worth it.” – Dwight Mazzone
EARLY BIRD SPECIALS!
Must register by April 30, 2012
Don’t delay and save some money to pay Barack Obama’s tax bill. 3-day passes for as low as $19 per person for students and active military! And VIP GOLD passes for just $199…including lunch all three days! Click here to REGISTER NOW!
CONFERENCE VENUE Plaza Hotel & Casino
Downtown Las Vegas
1 S. Main Street
Call and use Code SPCLC12 to receive special conference room rates.0 Recommend This