Three days ago, the Obama campaign launched a new ad, saying that women are “troubled” with Mitt Romney.
But the real trouble women are having in 2012 is with the Obama Economy.
This morning, American Crossroads released a new video to that effect, entitled “Obama’s War on Women:”
From the video:[list type="arrow"] [li]
- 17 million women are now in poverty in the Obama Economy — 800,000 more than when Obama took office
- 7.5 million women are in extreme poverty
- 4 of 10 female-headed households are in poverty
- The poverty rate among Hispanic women is now near 25% — the fastest growing group
- 2.4 million older women are in poverty
- Men are gaining 4 times as many jobs as women in Obama’s Economy
- 780,000 more women are unemployed in Obama’s Economy
There is a war on women in America — and it’s being waged by President Obama’s job-killing economic policies.
If the president wants to talk about a war on women, let’s have that debate in terms of the economy, and see how many more women are unemployed or have gone into poverty on his watch.