Brigitte Gabriel challenges Obama to take a strong stand
*** 2nd URGENT LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERT!!! ***
A DANGEROUSLY FLAWED STRATEGY
Yesterday, we sent out an urgent Action Alert asking you to register opposition to any kind of taxpayer funded assistance for either Egypt or Libya. We did this to send a message that we will not reward countries that attack our embassies and murder our ambassadors. We will not accept delayed and weak responses to those heinous attacks by the leadership of those countries.
Thank you. Your calls have been pouring in to the leadership offices in Nation’s Capital. Those that represent you in Washington, DC are hearing you loudly and clearly. Today we ask you to keep the heat on (see Action Alert in red below).
The violence of the last few days demonstrates how the current administration’s dangerously flawed strategy of apology and appeasement has emboldened our enemies and laid the groundwork for the chaotic and dangerous environment we see today across the Middle East and in Africa.
The stage was set three years ago when we warned about the consequences of President Obama’s Cairo apology speech to the Muslim world. That speech, and subsequent actions since, has created the perception of a weak America. That perception is what is fueling our enemies today.
Examples can be found in a brief timeline of this week:
- Islamist mobs attack the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, tearing down the American flag and replacing it with the flag of Islam. The pretext for the attack is anger over a video satire of the Prophet Mohammed.
- The U.S. embassy in Cairo immediately issues a statement of apology for the video: “The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims—as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.”
- Later, the White House disavows the embassy statement—but still makes an oblique reference to the video.
- Islamic terrorists attack the Libyan embassy, killing U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stephens and three other Americans.
- During the attack on the U.S. embassy in Cairo and for some 38 hours afterward, the Morsi government remains unacceptably silent, making no public statement or contacting President Obama.
- Stunningly, Obama reacts to that silence by reaching out to Morsi. He tells Morsi that he “rejects efforts to denigrate Islam”—another apology.
- The violence grows. The U.S. embassy in Yemen is attacked by an Islamist mob.
- In a press conference Thursday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton again makes reference to the satirical video and its supposed contribution to the violence—in spite of intelligence experts claiming the violence was orchestrated for the anniversary of 9/11 and that the film was only an excuse/distraction.Clearly sidestepping the issue of free speech that we enjoy in our democracy, Clinton remarks that the video is “disgusting and reprehensible,” saying the U.S. government “absolutely rejects its content and message.” She says the film was designed “to denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage.”
- The media reports that the violent protests have now spread to 11 nations and the Department of Homeland Security warns that they could continue to spread both at home and abroad.
Strong, decisive action by President Obama and Congress is needed NOW.
We need to keep the heat on our federal elected officials regarding tax dollars that are sent to Egypt and Libya. Again, we thank you for the calls you made yesterday and ask that you keep speaking out by calling again today and forwarding this to everyone you know, asking that they do the same.
Please take a moment once again today to call the numbers listed below.
Tell these members of our national leadership respectfully, but firmly, that you are opposed to ANY military funding for Egypt or Libya at this time, and that you will be watching to see if they receive it.
|Speaker John Boehner||Speaker’s Office: 202-225-0600
Personal Office: 202-225-6205
|Majority Leader Eric Cantor||202-225-2815|
|Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy||202-225-2915|
|Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi||202-225-0100|
|Minority Whip Steny Hoyer||202-225-4131|
|Majority Leader Harry Reid||202-224-3542|
|Majority Whip Richard Durbin||Leadership Office: 202-224-9447
Personal Office: 202-224-2152
|Minority Leader Mitch McConnell||Leadership Office: 202-224-3135
Personal Office: 202-224-2541
|Minority Whip Jon Kyl||Leadership Office: 202-224-2708
Personal Office: 202-224-4521
IF EACH OF US DOES JUST A LITTLE, TOGETHER WE CAN
ACCOMPLISH A LOT!
Thanks to Act For America for this post.