In a little over 48 hours, it will be over! It’s been a hectic two weeks of planning, media blitz, phone calls, interviews, travel itineraries and more! But Saturday at 1PM, I think you are all going to be ~very~ happy with the results!
Weather.com currently has the forecast for Saturday as Clear and Sunny with a high of 83! Perfect weather!!
3 things everyone should know about the rally:
1) EXCITING NEWS!! We are totally jazzed to announce the entire “We Stand With Gibson” rally will be available to those unable to attend via a live stream webcast! The great folks at Gigcasters are helping us with this. Just point your browser to the rally’s homepage at http://gibsonrally.com and starting at 1PM (or thereabouts) the event will be webcast! There is no charge for this, you can watch it and enjoy it absolutely free!! There will be a Google Checkout button above the player for donations to offset the cost of the webcast for those who wish to help. As with donation requests related to the event, we will meet expenses and ALL monies raised in excess of expenses are being donated to Music City Honor Flight. PLEASE don’t use this as an excuse not to attend personally. We are trying to make the event available to everyone with this. But we need you there to show the watching world that We Stand With Gibson!
2) Parking will be across McGavock Pike from the Wax Museum and the Nashville Palace in a secure lot and leaving just a short walk across the street to the event. There is a cost of $5 per car to park there but proximity, safety and being a good neighbor to businesses in the area make this the best solution. This link will give you an eagle-view of the area, including the event location (marked with “A”) and the parking lot across from the Nashville Palace. Watch for (and please follow any suggestions/directions from) our parking volunteers who will be holding signs and patrolling the “No Parking” areas.
3) I apologize for even having to mention this – but it needs mentioning. We are totally fine with signs at the event if they are rally relevant. “We Stand With Gibson,” “We Support Gibson” or signs generally supporting America, State’s Rights, Free Markets, Capitalism and such will likely be acceptable. Unacceptable signs include, but are not limited to, those from any campaign, issue or organization. Signs from those with booths at their booths are fine. Unacceptable signs in the crowd, even all the way at the back, are not permitted. Should organizers deem a sign inappropriate, we will ask once – nicely – that it be put in a vehicle or that we be allowed to dispose of it. We cannot “save” signs until later. Since we have permission to hold the event on this private property and are responsible to provide a setting to enable all in attendance the best chance to enjoy themselves, organizers have the final say. We will be polite. However, in the interests of time and with many responsibilities, we will not entertain discussion or objections. If you are unsure about your sign in any way, please ask at the information table when you arrive.
For those not having a booth, passing out materials at the event is also not permitted. It is reasonable for event guests to expect those passing out materials to have been vetted by us. That is why we have booths. Buttons, stickers, T-shirts, hats and the like, including campaign swag, are fine. Anything sold by our vendor may be displayed. But let your swag do the talking. The event is about Gibson. Please refrain from specifically engaging people about your candidate, issue or cause. We are gathering to stand with Gibson and ask that you make that your top and only priority for the day. If needed, we will practice the ask once nicely strategy listed above.
I apologize for the blunt and lengthy nature of point #3. But we believe it necessary to ensure those attending to support Gibson are able to accomplish that goal in the midst of a like-minded crowd.
Thank you SO much for your support and your participation in this event. We can barely contain our excitement and can’t wait to see you all on Saturday! Remember, bring plenty of chairs and come early from 1 to 2 for music, booth visits and food. Scoreboards will have a great BBQ platter available at a very reasonable price. The there’s the event itself from 2 to 4 followed by another hour of music, booth visits and food!
Oh – did I mention there will be raffles? There will!! We have some great giveaways, including something special donated just for you musicians!! You must be present to win so stay until the last drawing. Of course the best chances will be early on so get there at 1PM and get your tickets right away!!
See you at Scoreboards standing with family and friends as we stand with Gibson!!
Ken Marrero for Ben Cunningham and the rest of the organizers!!
We Stand With Gibson Rally
The Minority Report Network is proud to sponsor the “We Stand With Gibson“ Rally taking place October 8, 2011 from 2-4 PM in the parking lot of the Scoreboard Restaurant in the Opryland area of Nashville, Tennessee.
A nationwide coalition of Tea Party Movement organizations is coming together with plans of hosting a rally in support of Gibson guitars. The “We stand with Gibson” rally is scheduled for October 8th, in Nashville, TN. Speakers include Gibson President Henry Juszkiewicz, Representative Marsha Blackburn, and talk radio hosts Steve Gill, Phil Valentine and Mark Skoda.
The national coalition includes:
- The Minority Report Blog & Network
- Patriot Action Network
- Liberty News Network
- Grassfire Nation
- Tea Party Express
- Americans for Prosperity
- 9.12 Project of Tennessee
- Gibson County Patriots
- Wilson County Tea Party
- Tennessee Conservoliance
- Tennessee Tax Revolt
- Tennessee Tea Party
- MidSouth Tea Party
- Memphis Tea Party
- Chattanooga Tea Party
- [list type="tick"] [li]
Our good friend Eric Odom sent out the following action items about this event:
Others are likely to join in the coming days and weeks. Tea Party activists and encouraged to help spread the word and promote the event. Activists are asked to take one or more of the following steps to help spread the word.
- [list type="hot"] [li]
- Visit the official “We stand with Gibson” website and leave supportive comments
- Contact your friends in and around Tennessee, and make sure they know about the event
- Consider purchasing an item from the Gibson store
- Share this link on Facebook (CLICK HERE)
- CLICK HERE to Tweet about this story
The Tea Party Movement stands strong with Gibson Guitars. We’re not losing influence and we’re not going away.
Please Note: This event is being organized by concerned citizens and groups across Tennessee, and in fact across the US, who are concerned about the extraordinary abuse of power represented by the raid of the Gibson Company by federal agents.
This event is not sponsored or organized by the Gibson Corporation.