The army said there was no longer any hope of finding additional survivors in the factory collapse that killed well over 1,000 people.
The pope canonized 813 Italians killed by Turkish invaders in the 15th century for refusing to convert to Islam.
Andrew Moran has been on the run for four years and escaped police twice before. Authorities captured him in a luxury villa.
A Ghanaian immigrant has reportedly killed one man and injured four others in a frenzied and seemingly random pickaxe attack in Milan.
Candice Lanier – Two years ago last week Osama bin Laden met his demise, compliments of SEAL Team Six. A year after the al Qaeda leader’s death, President Obama made the pronouncement that, “al Qaeda is on the run.” But, reality says otherwise. Al Qaeda has grown into a bustling international organization with a significant percentage of activity concentrated within the U.S.
The Al Qaeda enterprise spans four continents and has operatives in more than 30 countries. Consider the following examples:
- The feds recently arraigned an American teen in Chicago who wanted to join an al Qaeda-linked group in Syria.
- Canadian authorities busted up a plot to bomb a Toronto-New York train, supported by al Qaeda operatives in Iran.
- Spanish police recently arrested suspects linked to al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
- In Syria, the most effective fighting force against the Bashar al Assad regime is al Qaeda & affiliates.
- Al Qaeda in Syrian is closely aligned with al Qaeda in Iraq, which has increased its membership, once again, into the thousands and is responsible for much of the violence throughout the country.
Google relabeled its Palestinian page from “Palestinian Territory” to “Palestine.”
Israeli officials confirmed an airstrike on Syrian soil meant to stop a weapons shipment from the Assad regime.
While more than 2,400 have been rescued, the death toll makes this incident one of the deadliest structural failures of modern time.
Kenneth Bae was arrested last November while visiting North Korea. He was a tour operator based mostly out of China.
A U.S. civilian cargo plane crashed at a base near Kabul, Afghanistan. All seven people on board died in the accident.